Miami is known as the Magic City and for good reason. You can have the experience of a lifetime enjoying the glitz and glamour of South Beach, the history of the Art Deco district and the international cuisine, but until you’ve seen Miami from the water, you haven’t truly SEEN Miami!
A private boat rental experience in Miami can be yours.
It used to be that when you were visiting Miami, you’d have to watch the boats from shore or, as an option, rent a commercial charter boat and sit shoulder to shoulder with strangers at the mercy of someone else’s itinerary. Without owning a boat, the true private boating experience that Miami-locals know and love was out of reach. Thanks to boat sharing communities, like Miami-based, Boatsetter; things just got real!
Your own private boat for the day! Now, It’s easier (and a much better experience) to rent a boat while on vacation in Miami. Boatsetter, the number one boat sharing community, is located right in Miami so the options abound for boat rentals of all sizes and styles. Captains can be at the helm acting as local experts and leaving you to enjoy the ride.
Things to do while out on your Miami boat rental: Planning to spot a celebrity waking down Lincoln Road or brushing up on your Meringue moves? Miami’s the right place for you…but there’s so much more to do and it’s going to be water-full!
- Paddle boarding around the Venetian Islands: It’s called SUP by those in the know and it’s a great way to: get in touch with nature, do something active while on vacay and try a new hobby! A fave location to try out SUP is around the Venetian Islands and then break for a refreshing dip at Flagler Memorial Island.
- Snorkeling Florida’s Barrier Reef: The third largest barrier reef (and the only one in North America) lies just off Miami’s shores. This is your chance to see the amazing world below the waterline. Check out great spots in Biscayne National Park located in Miami or if you venture a bit south John Pennekamp State Park in Key Largo.
Favorite Dockside Restaurants – There is no shortage of dockside dining spots in Miami and arriving for drinks and dinner aboard your private boat rental is the best way to make an entrance. From rustic to fine dining, you are sure to find the perfect eating establishment! Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Rusty Pelican – This classic, right in the heart of Key Biscayne is a local favorite for its atmosphere and the amazing Florida-style fare!
- Palmieras – Located on a posh, private island in one of Miami’s best neighborhoods – Coconut Grove.
- Seaspice – If celebrities spottings are in order, this could be your spot. Come for the people watching but say for the ambiance at Miami’s Seaspice.
Of course, there are so many more restaurants of all types and styles…that’s part of what Miami’s all about! Be sure to check out as many places as you can while you are visiting the Magic City!
Nearby Trips to Check Out! If you are in the South Florida area for a longer vacation, you might want to venture up or down the coast a bit to check out all this waterfront region has to offer. Boat rentals are a great way to spend a day trip off the beaten path anywhere in South Florida.
- Fort Lauderdale – Known as the Venice of the Americas, Fort Lauderdale, just about a 30 minute car ride from Miami offers XX miles of canals all connected and waterfront dining options abound from the rustic to the white glove! Locals frequent great spots like Southport Raw Bar, Pelican Bar, 15th Street Fisheries and the posh Las Olas Boulevard, offering a multitude of shops and restaurants.
- The Florida Keys – Only a short, scenic drive south from Miami gets you into the natural wonder known as The Florida Keys. From Islamorada to Key Largo all the way down to the United States’ southernmost point in Key West, water-ful fun can be had! Visitors to the Florida Keys enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, epic sunsets and the best Mojitos this side of Havana.
Miami is a great place to visit, no matter how you slice it! But…if you can get out on the water, you’ll guaranteed to see the true view of Miami. With the onset of boat sharing, visitors to one of the world’s top boating locations can now experience it all with boat rentals.
Join Us and Receive
- The FREE Miami Travel Guide!
- The Latest Miami News and Insights
- Exclusive Access to VIP Events Across Miami
- Recommendations to the best Miami has to offer