In Miami, we take great pride in welcoming visitors from all over the world however in light of the COVID-19 global pandemic and the strong recommendation from the Center of Disease Control (CDC), calling on social distance and refrain from non-essential travel, we ask that visitors reconsider their plans to travel to Miami and the Beaches and do their part to help contribute to slowing the spread of the pandemic. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome guests and visitors to our community soon.
Support Local Business
In an effort to support local restaurants and their employees amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) has launched MIAMI EATS – a new program encouraging Miamians to enjoy Greater Miami and the Beaches’ vast dining options while at home.
Health and Safety Tips
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 to 95 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
Links to Resources
Below, find links to information and advice from official authorities, and note that these continue to be updated in real time.
- The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau’s coronavirus information site features up-to-date information, including Travel Information for Visitors and Help for the Tourism Industry.
- The CDC offers this summary regarding Covid-19, including the CDC’s ongoing response, recommendations and resources.
- Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County is monitoring the situation and providing live, daily updates on the situation as it relates to our city.
- Miami Herald is offering free access to its coronavirus coverage, including live updates.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) website features tips, advice, reports, research and more.
- The U.S. Travel Association has produced a comprehensive tool kit.
From all of us to all of you, stay healthy, stay safe and stay blessed. No matter what. Face everything and rise.