A new study by Wanderu reveals that two of Miami’s most iconic streets, Ocean Drive and Northwest 2nd Avenue in Wynwood, are the most Instagrammed in the U.S.
Ocean Drive took the #1 spot with over 1 million Instagram posts using hashtags like #oceandrive and #oceandrivemiami. Known for its palm trees, Art Deco hotels and cruise-ready cars, Ocean Drive is a quintessential Miami backdrop.
Meanwhile, Wynwood’s NW 2nd Ave and its colorful murals came in at #2 with 961,020 Instagram posts under tags like #wynwoodwalls. The outdoor Wynwood Walls art museum has transformed the neighborhood into a graffiti mecca.
Remarkably, these two Miami streets beat out other famous U.S. roads like Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles and 5th Avenue in New York City.
Wanderu based its rankings on hashtag analysis, counting posts on Instagram for 300 major streets across 60 cities. Miami’s Calle Ocho also made the top 20 list with over 180,000 posts.
The study reflects Miami’s rising popularity as a travel and culture hub. Ocean Drive and Wynwood have clearly become major attractions, providing Instagrammable backdrops for millions of photos and memories.
As Miami continues to develop as an arts and entertainment capital, its iconic streets will likely climb even higher in future Instagram fame. For now, the numbers show Miami’s streets are already stealing the nationwide spotlight.
The most famous streets in America, according to Wanderu
- Ocean Drive, Miami, FL (#oceandrive; 1,056,081 posts)
- NW 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL (#wynwoodwalls; 961,020 posts)
- Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA (#bourbonstreet; 840,049 posts)
- Rodeo Drive, Los Angeles, CA (#rodeodrive; 824,100 posts)
- The Strip, Las Vegas, NV (#thestrip; 606,900 posts)
- Fifth Avenue, New York, NY (#fifthavenue; 572,912 posts)
- Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA (#hollywoodblvd; 485,000 posts)
- Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL (#michiganave; 353,000 posts)
- Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA (#lombardstreet; 331200 posts)
- Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA (#melroseavenue; 315,800)
- 6th Street Austin, TX (#6thstreet; 307,900 posts)
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA (#abbotkinney; 282641 posts)
- Alamo Square (Steiner Street), San Francisco, CA (#paintedladies, 270,150 posts)
- Beale Street, Memphis, TN (#bealestreet; 200,552 posts)
- Newbury Street, Boston, MA (#newburystreet; 199,800 posts)
- Calle Ocho, Miami, FL (#calleocho, 186,284 posts)
- Santana Row, San Jose, CA #santanarow, 182,033 posts)
- Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL (#lakeshoredrive; 129,700 posts)
- East Exchange Avenue, Fort Worth, TX (#fortworthstockyards; 115,038)
- Front Street, Sacramento, CA (#frontstreet; 105,006 posts)