TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE TO THE 2015 FOOD NETWORK & COOKING CHANNEL SOUTH BEACH WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL PRESENTED BY FOOD & WINE
– Enjoy America’s Favorite Gourmet Gathering on the Beach February 19-22, 2015 –
Miami Beach, Florida (February 2015) – Tickets for select events at the 14th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE (SOBEWFF) are still available! Don’t miss the chance to experience flavors from world-renowned chefs, winemakers, spirits producers, and culinary personalities set against the pristine backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. Taking place February 19 – 22, 2015, proceeds from the Festival benefit the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management’s Wine Spectator Restaurant Management Laboratory and Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center at Florida International University.
While many events are sold-out, a sampling of events that are still available include:
- Italian Al Fresco Feast on the Beach hosted by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos presented by Ronzoni sponsored by MIAMI magazine – What better way to kick-off SOBEWFF than with an Italian Al Fresco Feast on the Beach the length of TWO NFL football fields? More than 30 chefs will showcase some of their finest creations, modeled after both classic and modern Italian-American fare. Guests will savor their way down amore lane while sipping on wines from Folonari Amore Italia. Join us inside our signature white tents beachside at Delano for the ultimate Italian feast under the stars!
- Southern Divinity Dinner hosted by Frank Stitt & Kyle Knall – South Florida’s popular country cookin’ joint Yardbird Southern Table & Bar will host two of the South’s finest chefs for a not-to-be-missed meal during the Festival. Alabama natives Frank Stitt, the award-winning chef who is often regarded as the father of Southern Gourmet, and Kyle Knall, who is known for his sophisticated take on Southern fare which The New York Times referred to as “a winning blend of the refined and the unpretentious,” join Yardbird’s own executive chef for this special evening.
- Best of the Northwest Dinner hosted by Tom Douglas – Miami’s new and much buzzed about 1826 Restaurant & Lounge will host chef, restaurateur, author, and radio talk show host Tom Douglas for a unique dinner. Douglas will bring the best of the Pacific Northwest to South Beach, serving up dishes that have helped define the region’s cuisine. Each course will be perfectly paired with regional selections from the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio.
- Thrillist’s Barbecue & The Blues hosted by Anne Burrell – This fan favorite event is back with all of its typical meaty goodness at the 2015 Festival, featuring specially crafted BBQ creations from 12 chefs handpicked by Thrillist. Food Network personality Anne Burrell will host this party, which includes fully stocked bars featuring entwine wine, custom cocktails, craft beers by B.R.E.W. FIU, and musical performances DJ Haitian Hillbilly and Diablo Dimes & the Bloodhounds.
- Tour de France hosted by Master Sommelier and Master of Wine Eric Hemer – Take a tasting tour of France’s most iconic regions and wines at this exclusive SOBEWFF seminar with Master Sommelier and Master of Wine Eric Hemer and his colleagues Doug Frost MS/MW and Charles Curtis MW. Sip your way through Champagne, meander south to taste a red wine from a classified vineyard in Burgundy, savor a sumptuous red wine from an iconic Grand Cru Classé château in Bordeaux, visit the Central Vineyards of the Loire Valley, linger in the appellation of Hermitage in the Rhône Valley, and journey east to the Vosges foothills of Alsace – all without ever having to set foot on a plane!
- Nashville On Fire Dinner featuring Jonathan Waxman, Hattie B’s, Tandy Wilson, Patrick Martin and Diego Oka – Perhaps best known for being the heart of the country music scene, SOBEWFF has gathered some of the city’s finest culinary stars to serve up the South on the beach at the Mandarin Oriental. Featuring California cuisine pioneer Jonathan Waxman, a newcomer to the Nashville food scene, Executive Chef John Lasater and owner Nick Bishop Jr. from the famed hot chicken restaurant Hattie B’s, Nashville’s own Tandy Wilson, Patrick Martin of Tennessee’s Martin’s BBQ Joint and the Mandarin Oriental’s executive chef Diego Oka, executive chef at the Mandarin Oriental, this Music City original is sure to top the food charts at the Festival.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s Meatopia: The Q Revolution presented by Creekstone Farms hosted by Guy Fieri curated by Josh Ozersky – Enjoy a special musical performance as Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino presents Blues Traveler live on stage at this Saturday night beachside soirée. Meatopia already has a reputation as the world’s most famous meat festival, where some of the greatest chefs cook every part of the animal over open fires, and we’re thrilled to make it a part of SOBEWFF! Sip on an incredible array of bourbons like Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Jim Beam and Makers Mark, while Food Network culinary rockstar Guy Fieri hosts this carnivore’s dream come true.
- Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village featuring MasterCard Grand Tasting Tents & KitchenAid® Culinary Demonstrations – The event that started it all, the Festival’s signature white tents between 10th & 13th Streets on Ocean Drive have received a serious upgrade this year. A new look, a new layout with more seating and shaded areas, more music, Culinary Captains representing cohorts of chefs from various neighborhoods in South Florida, and free park-n-ride from Downtown Miami – this event has it all! For the third year, attendees will be able to vote for their favorite dishes and decide which restaurant will win theMiami New Times’ “Short Order’s Best Bite on the Beach” award through the SOBEWFF mobile app.
Tickets for available events can be purchased online at www.sobefest.com, by calling 877.762.3933(phone sales open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST), or by visiting our on-site box office located at 13th Street & Ocean Drive (open February 16 – 22, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST). Please be sure to download the official SOBEWFF mobile app on iOS and Android to stay up-to-date on all Festival news, fun and happenings!