Inaugural Halloween Block Party Delights Fun-Seekers on October 29th from 3:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Celebrate the thrills and chills of the Halloween season as local residents and visitors of all ages descend upon Downtown Miami on Saturday, October 29th from 3:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. for the inaugural Downtown Fright Night: A Halloween Spooktacular block party on East Flagler Street presented by the Miami Downtown Development Authority (Miami DDA) and SWARM.
Downtown Fright Night: A Halloween Spooktacular will close down East Flagler Street to vehicular traffic beginning at 3:00 p.m. for a fun, interactive and family-centric Halloween party. In order to facilitate easy access in and out of Downtown Miami, Metrorail and Metromover will be extending operating hours until 2:00 a.m. on the day of the event.
Children will be able to trick-o-treat up and down a pedestrian-only East Flagler Street as participating merchants and sponsors pass out goodies and surprises. Trick-O-Treaters can also enter into a kids costume contest for a chance to show off their coolest outfit and win prizes.
Additionally, families and kids alike can enjoy:
- A Family Fun Zone featuring inflatables, arts and crafts, and face painting
- Radio Lollipop, the in-house radio station at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, will host performances
by Miami’s young rising talents
- “The Costume Clinic”, where onsite staff will have all the tools necessary, such as safety pins, tape, paint, patches, fabric and sewing supplies, to bring anyone’s costume back to life.
- A Magic show hosted by Radio Lollipop that will leave both children and adults in amazement
- As the day progresses into night, a more adult-friendly setting, which also caters to young adult partygoers, will emerge towards the end of East Flagler Street. Activities include:
- A main stage, sponsored by HITS 97.3 , featuring DJ Laz with some of Miami’s most well-known DJs
- Classic horror films showing on the main stage’s giant LED screen, including a special midnight showing of the Rocky
- Horror Picture Show An adult-only costume contest with categories such as scariest costume, most original costume
and sexiest costume Dog Lovers are also welcome and can expect the following:
- A Pup Up Dog Park for everyone’s pooches to run wild and enjoy the festivities
- A costume contest for the best dressed pup with prize packs up to $200
“Events like these do more than just entertain and delight, they bring the community together and give people yet another reason to come and enjoy our new and vibrant urban core,” said City of Miami District 2 Commissioner and Miami DDA Chair, Ken Russell.
Some of Miami’s favorite food trucks will also be lining the streets to provide all ghouls and ghoulettes the energy they’ll need to celebrate through the night. Additionally, a Downtown Culinary Showcase will host a tasting of Miami’s best bites, with over (# of bars) bars, featuring specialty cocktails, exclusive beers, and more will line the streets providing attendees a chance to grab a drink of choice and drink
“SWARM is excited to bring this new Halloween tradition to historic Flagler Street,” said Javi Zayas, President of SWARM. “Downtown Fright Night: A Halloween Spooktacular is a quintessential and spirited Halloween experience with the Miami flare we can’t live without.”