Whole Foods Market, the leading natural and organic food retailer, will open its highly anticipated Downtown Miami store to the public on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 – the first of four new stores opening in South Florida in the next two months. The state’s 22nd store will offer the metropolitan area a plethora of unique innovations. They include:
- Jugofresh will have a store-within-a-store giving loyal fans access to their uniquely crafted juices, smoothies and raw vegan quick-bites curated by Jugofresh chef Darren Laszlo.
- Miami landmark, Versailles Restaurant, will be a supplier at Whole Foods Market serving healthy variations of classic Cuban dishes.
- The MET café will be a quick-service coffee and espresso bar with empanadas, croquettes, Latin pastries, and other hot and cold selections. The café will have a separate entrance with grab & go items and coffee; perfect for downtowners on the run.
- The Prepared Foods department will feature a number of items that will be unique to the Downtown Miami location. Options include:
o La Churrasqueira – a Brazilian-style meat station offering churrasco BBQ and sides
o Monsieur Cubano Sandwich – roast pork and cotto ham Cuban sandwich on a French Brioche bun
o Sushi Maki – freshly prepared sushi varieties, as well as Hawaiian Poke and Peruvian Ceviche-style rice bowls
- Other local suppliers will contribute exclusive products to the store:
o Juicera – Watermelon Fresco and Sunny State
o U RAWk Raw Energy Bars – Coconut Lime
o South Beach Candle Company – Happy Hour Scented Candles
Catering specifically to the metropolitan/business crowd, the Downtown Miami location will open daily at 7:30 a.m. The store has convenient access to the Bayfront and Knight Center Metro Mover stops, as well as a 140-spot parking garage designated just for Whole Foods Market customers.
Paying homage to Florida’s Tequesta Tribe, the original Miamiams, the café features a tribute mural painted by Kazilla, a local street artist. Additional local street artists can be seen in the store’s parking garage.
In addition to the Downtown Miami innovations above, the store will feature a soup bar with 26 offerings changing daily, indoor and outdoor seating, hundreds of craft beers and wines, and authentic Italian-style pizzas made on-site. Also new to Whole Foods Market stores in the region will be thin-sliced steaks such as sirloin tip, shoulder, steak, tri-tip; breaded pork items such as breaded boneless chops and breaded cube pork steaks; and fresh sausage made in-house.
The store will kick-off their grand opening celebration with a Bread Breaking Ceremonyscheduled at 8:45 a.m. The first 500 customers in line on opening day will also receivemystery gift cards, valued at $5, $10, $20 or $50, with one card valued at $500.
WHEN/WHERE: Whole Foods Market – Downtown Miami
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
299 SE Third Street, Miami